Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN134
Rate: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rate information
Tivoli Storage Manager Consultant
Twelve years experience. Tivoli Storage Manager Consultant with a strong background in Tivoli
Storage Manager (5.1 to 5.5, with one 6.1 implementation), TSM backup solution architecture, TSM configuration management, TSM Deployment, TSM
road mapping / planning, TSM upgrades, Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing, and TSM issue troubleshooting. TSM experiences has been under the
Windows operating systems, with AIX exposure.
Backup Solutions Architect August 2007 – October 2010
• Expertise in TSM backup solution architecture
• TSM configuration management
• Design roadmap for future development of TSM architecture
• Evaluate current backup infrastructure in order to give recommendations to management on steps to get environment protected and backed up
• Design, test and perform upgrade on old TSM environment from 5.1 to 5.5, design and implement 6.1 environment
• Evaluate business relevant systems and ensure proper disaster recovery is in place
• Manage TSM environment in remote sites, perform test restores validating TSM
• Design and test DR plan throughout sites
• Design exchange 2010 environment, upgrade exchange environment from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010
• Upgrade Blackberry server environment from 4.1 to 5.0, design Blackberry 5 environment
NORTEL GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS Hines, IL
Senior Systems Engineer – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) April 2001 – August 2007
• TSM Project Manager – Led nationwide deployment of Tivoli Storage Manager 5.3 (TSM) and managed all support, upgrades and troubleshooting
efforts of VA TSM infrastructure.
• Responsible for maintaining test environment to properly test major upgrades and disaster recovery scenarios
• Developed, architected and tested Disaster recovery site which enables any of the 20 TSM sites to be recovered along with the exchange
environment they back up.
• Assured documentation was produced on procedures to restore databases, monitor tapes and media rotation, and properly monitor backup
processes for site administrators
• Created backup strategies and assisted all sites in properly executing strategy.
• Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting high level TSM issues
• Maintained a rigorous testing schedule of TSM sites for disaster recovery
• Represented VA in communications with TSM providers (IBM/Champion) throughout installation and configuration of all 20 VA sites, thereby
assuring standard configuration throughout nationwide sites.
• Trained each site administration team to manage local TSM infrastructure and day-to-day tasks.
• Managed a team of 5 TSM experts providing high level support for forty local site TSM administrators.
• Provide round-the-clock support to VA personnel with regards to TSM issues.
DEBIS IT SERVICES Lisle, IL
IT Specialist April 1999 – April 2001
• Asset Management System Deployment Project Lead - Led a four-member team tasked with deployment of a custom asset management platform
designed to track infrastructure items for a large pharmaceutical customer.
• Outlined findings of relevant research project prior to deployment including causes of inconsistencies and inaccuracies in existing platform and
associated risks and costs of such inaccuracies.
• Developed and coordinated project objectives with customers and upper management, documented and reported project progress, and created
and implemented work plans resulting in on-time project completion.
• Advised customers and upper management on technical perspectives of system upgrades.
• Supervised three subordinates, trained new employees and documented employee training procedures.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• B.S. Management Information Systems (December 1998) – Northern Illinois University DeKalb, IL
• Certifications/Training: MCP - Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003, Active Directory, TSM 5.3.
• Management Tools: Remedy, Openmanage, Compaq Insight Manager, Microsoft Operations Manager, NetIQ Application Manager, DNS.
• Hardware: Dell, IBM, HP, MPC, EMC, DIGITAL.
• Programming Languages: C, C++, Visual Basic, Pascal, COBOL, SQL, HTML.
• Operating Systems: Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003/2008.
• Other: IIS, Application Manager, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003/2010, ePolicy Orchestrator, Veritas Backup Exec 8.5/9.1,10, Office XP/2003/2010, Crystal
Reports, TSM 5.3,5.5,6.1, TDP for mail.