Blue Yonder Professonal Service Consultant - JDA Software Consultant
Blue Yonder Technical Architect - JDA Technical Architect
Currently performing responsibilities as a Blue Yonder Technical Architect / JDA Technical Architect with overall experience of 19 years in implementing solutions in wide range of project which include Green Field implementations, Enhancements, Data Migrations and Support. Has an expertise with Blue Yonder / BY / JDA SCPO Suite, including JDA Demand, Collaborate, Replenishment, Master Planning / ESP, JDA Order Optimization, Inventory Optimization, and JDA Fulfillment.
Successfully has implemented and supported projects with more than 10 clients across North America and has been involved in designing and implementing solution across industries like retail, manufacturing and distribution, warehouse solution in areas of forecasting, replenishment planning, inventory management.
Has performed technical responsibilities in hardware sizing, server installation, DB design, solution design, system-integration, development, and performance tuning.
Beyond technical responsibilities, has also performed various techno-functional roles in projects such as SCM KPIs, technical feasibility studies, fit-gap analysis, Object Modeling and Estimation. Furthermore, has worked in various software development methodologies also.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Solution Design
- Requirement gathering
- System Integration
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Hardware sizing
- Performance Tuning
- Process Management
- Solution development
- BY (JDA) Suite – Demand, Collab, Replenishment, ESP, Master planning, Order optimization, BTL, Inventory optimization.
- O/S – Unix, Linux, Windows
- IDE – Eclipse, .Net, SQL Developer.
- Databases – Oracle, SQL Server, Access, MS Excel.
- Scripting – Perl, Ksh, Bash, windows, VB Script, Java Script, HTML, PHP.
- Languages – PL/SQL, T-SQL, C++, C, C#, Java.
- Utilities – ODI integrator, SSIS integrator, MQ series, EDI, FTP/SFTP, WebLogic, F5 load balancer, Apache load balancer, Control M scheduler, Robot scheduler, SVN repository.
- Demonstrates extensive technical and process management skills in managing teams & resources.
- Demonstrates excellent client interaction and coordinating skills involving multiple teams across geographies.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of supply chain areas of demand, replenishment, inventory optimization, order management, store operations and logistics.
- Demonstrates efficient problem-solving skills in providing solutions to technical issues and designs.
- Result oriented and self-driven professional skills with years of working in multiple roles of design and implementation.
- Demonstrates skills in designing and delivering green field JDA implementation projects apart from mergers, data migration, upgrades and support projects.
- Worked closely with multiple teams in delivering BY supply chain optimization solution in 6 major clients.
- Upgraded JDA solutions with 2 major clients successfully.
- Successfully supported business users as a JDA techno-functional role with 5 major clients.
- Successfully completed proof of concept of a new pricing and promotion tool for a big retailer, helping the client to take major decision in stabilizing the supply chain solution.
- Successfully customized many supply chain functionalities to support existing business models which in turn helped for smooth transitioning and also saving time and money.
- Single handedly worked and successfully delivered a data migration project for a major stationary manufacturing giant.
- Developed a merger plan and executed implementation of SCPO solutions in USA’s largest liquor distribution company.
- Developed an algorithm while working on the project “RFID in Banking With Excellence” resulting in a patent which was filed by the company.
- Developed a tool for a renowned banking organization to alert errors during the overnight batch, to reduce manual support. The monitoring tool was later completely automated.
- Successfully developed a tool to convert embedded SQLs to oracle procedures in a code migration project.
- Designed and developed supply chain custom functionalities namely in few - Build transportation load respecting multi pick and drop, New store introduction with preload duration, New item introduction with profile based forecasting, prebuild Promotion, History load, Demand transfer to the replenishment system, Automated order scheduling, Warehouse and store safety stock calculation, Distribute forecast and allocation proportion to demand, Calculate balance on hand for stores, History outlier cleansing, Forecast accuracy estimation.
- Architecture design document
- Deployment procedure document
- Batch design document
- Environment readiness and usage plan
- Hardware sizing document
- SCM KPI results and analysis
- Solution requirement document
- Interface design document
- Data mapping document
- Technical design document
- UML design documents
- RACI, FTP Estimation, resource planning documents.
- Fit Gap, Root Cause Analysis documents.
- Request for proposals.
- Support protocols and KT documents.
- Environment usage plans.
Roles and responsibilities in a nutshell
As a Technical Architect
- With extensive technical guidance and coordination, managed multiple teams effectively, resulting in successful implementation of solutions.
- Analyzed and gathered requirements to understand client’s objective to create sizing and
technical architecture for solutions.
- Worked with business users e.g. Demand planner, replenishment buyers, promo planners, Store ops, TM, CM to understand the day-to-day work while designing workflows, user access roles and deployment plans.
- Worked with higher management to understand the business SLA, coordinated with upstream and downstream systems to create technical batch schedules.
- Worked closely with IT-teams to deliver feasibility and performance indicator matrices for making decisions on client’s software licensing and procurements.
- Worked with clients management to understand business model with their AMC providers while creating and transitioning support models.
As a Techno-functional Consultant.
- Worked with business users and database teams to understand organization’s data flow to create a Data mapping document.
- Coordinated with multiple teams to create a technical plan and manage technical teams merging of two separate SCM solutions during merger of two liquor giants.
- Worked as single point of contact with vendors and client support to upgrade JDA systems and promote the changes to production.
- Worked in understanding and solving business users’ tickets and enhancing new
functionalities to support when any change to business model.
- Worked as primary (or secondary) batch support to solve overnight batch issues in case of any failure, adhering to business SLAs.
As a Technical consultant
- Developed custom functionalities, tested and promoted to production.
- Translated functional requirements into technical requirements and worked with multiple technical teams for successful implementation.
- As part of implementation team, installed various modules and underlying software stack for database, webserver, load balancers.
- To serve the SLA worked to tune the system performance during hyper care.
As an Associate Manager
- Evaluated a new module for price optimization as Client’s sole point of contact and provided results to higher management for decision making.
- Lead team and designed Conference Room Pilot solution to evaluate the solution for showcasing.
- Worked with senior management to create RFP, providing statement of requirements and feasibility of implementing projects.
- Worked with client management to create resource utilization reports and implement utilization plans.
As a Technical Lead
- Worked individually on innovative products and developed algorithms to solve problems.
- Designed and developed technical tools to increase efficiency.
- Created database design using DB modeling methodologies.
- Created technical specifications, developed solutions, and promoted the same using best practices.
TYPE OF PROJECTS
- Greenfield Implementation
- Proof of Concept
- Conference Room Pilots
- Retail & Distribution
- Meat processing